08 July 2010

Jaks....

While writing the list below, I realized that I needed a separate post to update everyone on the MOST important thing that is happening in mine and Wes' lives. Although the events listed below have kept our lives moving forward at a furious rate, they are truly insignificant to the most important reason why I have been absent from most anything this last two months.... and that of course is.. Jaks.

I honestly don't know how or where to begin. What a honor it has been to be this little boy's mother. His innocence has brought to my life a humility that I have never yet experienced. And although a whirlwind of events has transpired this last few months, I have felt time stand still as I have tried with every emotion I can feel, to suck in the beauty and love that comes from holding my little boy in my arms. I can't handle how fast he is growing, yet I love every second of it. Jaks has so much personality and is bringing joy to anyone and everyone that passes his way, especially his parents.

I could go on and on about every milestone that he has experienced in just a short 12 weeks of life, but time would never allow me to do this, which I'm learning is the beauty of motherhood. I've decided the emotions that we feel by watching our children grow and experience life, are gifts from God to us. When Jaks first came to this earth I wanted to make sure I wrote EVERY moment and heart felt experience down.... however, my perspective has changed and I realized this is almost impossible, since EVERY moment I have with Jaks is a heart felt experience. So, instead of writing a five thousand word essay on our little boy, I'll leave the details and emotions in my heart and just give everyone else a few simple words to describe what we have learned about Jaks so far......

Jaks loves life and can not stand to miss out on anything
Jaks loves to be in water
Jaks loves to be outside


 
Jaks loves sleeping with his hand above or behind his head
Jaks loves the sound of birds and water
Jaks has the most animated facial expressions I have ever seen
Jaks loves to be sung and read too


Jaks thinks the only place to take a nap is in his car seat while driving
Jaks loves to laugh, but often thinks that coughing is a way to laugh
Jaks loves to hear his voice, he has been cooing and giggling since five weeks old
Jaks loves to stand and sit up. Instead of learning to roll over, he is trying to 
lift his head forward so he can sit up.. it's so funny. 


Jaks loves to wiggle and spread his toes. He can literally move each toe separately. 
Jaks loves to eat both of his hands, at the same time.
Jaks has lost his hair in the front, but still has a large patch in the back of his head, 
 which looks like a duck tail... I just love it!


Jaks loves to be held in a position that he can see the world, and loves to cuddle 
on my chest whenever he is too tired to fight his naps
Jaks loves his stroller and loves going on walks. He stares at everything around him
Jaks loves having his body rubbed down after bath time


Jaks can hold his head up and loves to fly in superman position
Jaks loves to wiggle and move.... he never stops looking and observing everything around him
Jaks loves to shake his head back and forth when he is falling asleep, and 
often will keep just one eye open

(These last two pictures are my favorite! They really show Jaks' personality)

Jaks is pretty much perfect in every way possible ;) and I love every second I have to be with him!

6 comments:

Bradi said...

Such cute pictures!!! :) What a sweetie! :) Congrats Tiff!

Jessica said...

He's really cute Tiff! I'm so happy for you!

Mykelle said...

i LOVE every single one of those pictures!! soooo cute!!!

Denise said...

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE those pictures!! He is so dang cute. I love how he smiles and laughs. He makes me feel like he loves his grandma-- and that is SO important. He melts my heart! I love him so much!! I miss him already!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

He's so handsome! How have I not seen him yet?! Love his little pieces of Wesley he has.

brandandbrit said...

I LOVE these pictures! He looks so much like both of you. In some of the pictures he looks just like Tiff and in some he looks just like Wes. I love it!