07 July 2010

The Joy of Life....

Well... I am so far behind on my blogging, that it's pretty much past hopeless to even catch up on all the events that have happened this last month in a half. Every week I am bound to determine to write all the details and highlights of the adventures our little family is experiencing, but every week the only thing that happens is me not documenting another worth while moment. And since I know that if I keep waiting to blog until I have enough time to catch up on my life, I will never have another post again. So... I've decided to at least let everyone know in a simple list everything that this last month in a half has brought to us....... 

So here is why my blogging has struggled....
May 25th 2010: My AMAZING brother and best friend, Jared, arrived home from his Mission in San Bernardino CA!! I can't express how awesome it has been to have his smile and laughter in my life again. Oh how I missed him. I can't get enough of him!

May 27th 2010: Tyler graduated from High School... with a 4.0 and all the honors and awards that come from being one of the top students in his class. I am continuously amazed with this kid. I love both my brothers so much and to see the men that they are becoming is quite incredible, I am so honored to be their sister.

May 30th 2010: This was definitely a day I will have to document. Both Tyler and Jadon (Wes' brother) were sustained Elders, Jared gave his Homecoming talk, and Jaks was blessed. It was incredible. I have never felt so much love. The circle of men that encompassed Jaks while he received an amazing blessing from his dad was just amazing. He had three Uncles, two Grandfathers, four Great Grandfathers, one Great-Great Grandfather, and plenty of Great Uncles and Cousins. There are definitely no words to even describe the spirit that consumed my heart this Sunday.

June 11th 2010: My entire family took a four day road trip together to visit Jared's Mission in California. Wes was unable to go because of work, so we fit my siblings, parents, and Jaks and I into my parents Denali and took off.  This was Jaks first road trip and it was simply incredible. We had Shalei, Jaks and I in the very back seat, my mom, and Tyler in our captain seats, with my dad driving and Jared as the navigator. The entire Denali was jammed packed, especially since we had Jaks (traveling with a baby is definitely a new adventure ;)

It had been such a long time since "just my family" had done anything together, and for us to visit all the people that Jared touched while serving the Lord, was simply priceless. I learned so much from the humble people of San Bernardino and can't express the gratitude I have for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This trip was a needed reminder of just how lucky I really am to have grown up in the church.

June 18th 2010: Wes and I officially became a two car family. We purchased a White Xterra from Phoenix and we love it! Wes and I had to drive down and pick it up at the  Las Vegas auction lot. We couldn't go until Wes got off of work, and when we got there the security guard couldn't find our key.. it became quite an adventure and to make a long story short, we had to track down the actual truck driver who dropped the car off (which wasn't easy) and ended up getting home at 1:30am. Lol.... But we are loving our car and feel EXTREMELY blessed that both of us now have access to go where we need.

June 20th 2010: Celebrated Father's Day with both of our families. It was such a nice and relaxing day and I felt so much love for my sweet husband. It has been such a special experience watching him become a father. He is so involved in every aspect of Jaks life and I am so thankful that my children will have his example and guidance in their life. I love you Wes!!

June 24th 2010: Jaks went on his first camping trip. Wes and I attended the Miller Reunion for the weekend and had a great time. We were unable to go last year, so it was fun to see all my family and spend time being in the mountains. I can't think of anything more rejuvinating than being away from the world and getting some time to enjoy Mother Nature. :)

July 1st 2010: This last month Wes and I have been contemplating the next step in our life. We have felt a strong need for Wes to pursue a job in his degree and to further his education. We have also felt prompted to move to Phoenix, AZ.  However, with a new baby I have been some what reluctant to the Spirit and for the last three months I have tried hard to push the feelings away. But, as most of you know, wrestling with the Lord is never a wise thing. So on a spur of the moment Wes and I decided we needed to make a trip down to Phoenix and see what life had to offer, and to make a LONG story short..... Arizona here we come!

1 comment:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Ummm.....OH MY GOSH YOU ARE MOVING?! Congrats! But now you are going to be even further from me. :( But...you do what ya gotta do. I'll call you...it's been too long. Miss your face.